Meeting the Governance needs of the Not for Profit sector
Running an organisation in the NFP sector is demanding, operational demands and the day to day pressures of managing the often competing requirements of different stakeholder groups means that it's all too easy for those seemingly less important 'administrative' action items to get put off to another day. That's until the day dawns when the next Board meeting is tomorrow and those all-important reports and documents have not been sent to the Board members, or worse you realise that the ACNC and Office of Fair Trading returns were due in last week!
If any of that sounds just a little familiar, then we are here to help.
The solution - Our Governance and Company Secretarial Services for the NFP Sector
We can take over the load of managing your Governance and Company Secretarial services. We offer a range of services, from simply being at your Board meetings to make sure proper minutes are recorded, right through to the complete package of managing the Governance functions on your behalf. Whatever size of NFP you are we can tailor a package to suit your needs and budget.
Our range of services
• MINUTES Taking minutes at board, subcommittees and annual general meetings.
• AGENDAS Organising and preparing agendas.
• MEETING PACKS Preparing board and committee papers for circulation prior to the meeting.
• COMPLIANCE Ensuring meetings are properly called and held, and that records of these meetings are kept in compliance with both the Constitution and the Corporations Act.
• REPORTING Undertaking statutory compliance reporting including: ASIC, ACNC, ROCO and Office of Fair Trading.
• MONITORING Checking for changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and advising appropriate action.
• CONSTITUTION Ensuring continuous compliance with the Constitution and arranging appropriate reviews of the Constitution
• TRAINING AND INDUCTION Ensuring the Board is provided with all necessary training (e.g. induction training and ongoing governance training)
• PERFORMANCE REVIEWS Facilitating Board performance reviews
• STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS Dealing with correspondence and communications with relevant stakeholders
• GOVERNANCE ADVICE Providing or procuring advice for directors regarding governance and regulatory requirements.
• GOVERNANCE FRAMEWORKS Development, implementation, communication and maintenance of compliance policies, processes and procedures
• BOARD PORTALS A number of the above services can also be managed and delivered via Board Portal systems where required.
Meeting the specific needs of Not for Profits
While we can also deliver the above services to regular companies, our real specialisation is in delivering these services to the Not for Profit sector. NFP Governance Qld's Principal, Jacky Burkett, is a fully qualified Chartered Company Secretary with extensive experience in the NFP sector. Jacky also holds a Certificate in Governance for Not for Profits from the Governance Institute of Australia. Where standard templates are deployed these are all based on the Governance Institute of Australia's Best Practice guidelines.
The importance of independence
Increasingly the role of the Company Secretary is being seen as the first gatekeeper to ensuring good governance. Having an independent specialist performing this role will help demonstrate to your stakeholders that good Governance is something your organisation takes seriously.
Take the next step
Fill out our enquiry form and we will contact you for an initial no-obligation discussion about meeting your Governance and Company Secretarial needs.